We celebrated Labor Day in Connecticut with Paul's brother and sister-in-law with lots of amazing vegetarian food. We left salty breezes behind and arrived back to the hot, humid jungly hills of Pittsburgh last night to a barren fridge yielding a dinner of either hotdogs or green beans. We opted to continue the vegetarian theme of the weekend, and whipped up a batch of these Ginger Sesame Green Beans we have been loving all summer. Spicy, tangy and gingery, these green beans are addictive! Check out our summer bounty round-up for other ideas for summer vegetables.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Steam green beans until just cooked through.
- Puree the vinegar, oil, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, salt and cayenne until smooth, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour the dressing over the cooked green beans and serve hot or at room temperature.