Carrot Orange Energy Juice is as bright and cheerful in flavor as it is in color. Before (or after) a holiday stuffed with food, it is nice to have something fresh and light. The sweet earthy creaminess of the carrots gets kicked into high gear by the oranges, giving this fun juice an unexpected smoothness and complexity. Its quick to make and it will keep you going for several hours. Bottoms up!
Yield: 2 large servings
- 5 carrots, unpeeled, ends and tips cut off
- 3 oranges, any variety you like, peeled
- Wash the carrots carefully...remembering that any dirt left on the carrots is going to end up in your juice.
- Peel the oranges. Peeling is critical for citrus since the pith (white part under the skin) has a terrible bitter flavor that can easily ruin a juice.
- Cut the carrots and oranges into pieces that can fit into your juicer.
- Juice. Pour into a glass with a couple ice cubes, and enjoy!