When I have a little time in the morning I like to start off with my favorite fresh juice. It is thick and creamy, sweet, earthy and a little tart. Its a fresh and health way to start the day, but it also has enough substance to hold me over until lunch...or dinner if its a busy day at work. It takes about 5 minutes to make, including cleaning up the juicer. Here's how I do it:
- 1 medium beet
- 4 medium to large carrots
- 1 tart apple
- 1 sweet apple
- Wash the fruit and vegetables carefully (this avoids tedious peeling and the off flavors of dirt ending up in your juice.) It is well worth your time.
- Trim the ends of the vegetables -- remembering that everything you don't cut off is going to end up as part of your juice.
- Cut the fruit and vegetables into pieces that can fit into your juicer.
- Juice, pour into a glass with a couple ice cubes, drink.