Its the season for resolutions, and food trends are emphasizing the lean and green. In this spirit, I suggested a kale salad for dinner last night. Paul smirked, and countered with a suggestion of loaded nachos. So goes marriage. Our brilliant compromise, Citrus Pulled Pork Tacos with Feta, pairs Yucatán Citrus Pulled Pork with a cumin and garlic red cabbage salad, cilantro, and briny feta, for a satisfying and light main.
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 2-3 cups Yucatán Citrus Pulled Pork
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup feta, cubed or crumbled
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- Corn tortillas (the fresher the better)
- Warm your tortillas (preferably homemade).
- In a large bowl, toss together the red cabbage with the lime juice, cumin, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper until well combined and the dressing coats all the of the cabbage.
- Prepare your tacos by layering on the meat, red cabbage salad, feta and cilantro. These tacos are also delicious with homemade guacamole!