The smell of roasting potatoes makes my mouth water every time. These golden brown orbs of puffed potato deliciousness have been my dish of choice this past month. And I think the addition of rosemary and lemon makes the house smell like Sunday dinner. Happy roasting!
- 1 1/2 pounds small new potatoes cut in half (cut larger potatoes in quarters, the key is having a uniform size)
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, oil, mustard, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Toss the potatoes onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment or a silicon baking mat. Shake the pan to ensure the potatoes are evenly distributed.
- Roast for 45 minute to 1 hour, until the potatoes appear golden brown, flipping once or twice during cooking.
- Remove from the oven, and toss with lemon zest. Best served hot.