Watermelon Feta salad is cool, sweet and salty. This is the Greek inspired salad we have been eating almost daily in this heat wave! Paul was initially somewhat hesitant to embrace this funky salad, but after 4 bowl in one evening, I think we would both agree, watermelon and feta are surprisingly good friends in this delicious salad. In these dog days of summer, this crisp quick salad is only five minutes away. It also tastes great with refreshing glass of basil lemonade.
Yield: serves 4 as a side dish
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (approximately half a small watermelon)
- 8 ounces fresh feta cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- handful of fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and salt in a small bowl until well combined.
- Combine watermelon and feta in a serving bowl. Pour over the lemon juice mixture, and gently mix to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.